Memoirs of Childhood

Thursday, December 11

A Day Late



nestingplacenc.blogspot.com.png

well, i wasn't going to do it, but here i am! i didn't do much decorating this year since we're in "the basement." i had to do a little though for the boys. i have to admit, it was nice not to stress about it. you'll notice the train off of the tracks. also, i didn't put a single regular ornament on the tree! just some glittered pine cones and fruit (and that only because jon put it on!). everything's all lopsided and messed up...i love it! also, nothing at the bottom. we have a new walker!



the wreath is real. my mom sends one every year, and it makes the house smell amazing! it's hanging on this beautiful standing wreath holder that you can't see.



i think the vignetting really makes it all look rather presentable!



i do love our stockings though. except for jon's hangs the wrong direction! what's up with that? jack's is the long one, finn's is blue. i love our stocking holders too. so much so that there are more in reserve for if we have more children (which we hope to have)!

13 comments:

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Very pretty! Great idea on the real wreath for fragrance. Now I want one!

Donna - My extreme home makeover experience

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Everything looks lovely! I especially LOVE those whimsical stockings...precious!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

u made it homey! now, can i come over and sit by the fire and drink coffee??? please?

Mom in High Heels said...

I love the stockings! I think it all looks lovely.
BTW, I put up my "initial wreath" tutorial if you're interested.

Nessa Dee said...

Beautiful Christmas decorations! I love the stockings! I enjoyed your post about Christmas pictures. I always try to do my own portrait sessions for the kids' pictures, but it ends up being very frustrating! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Love your little boy's name. :)

Erika said...

Luv those stockings! And your tree is beautious!!!

The Nester said...

Oh, my! It is breathtaking--all of it!

Anonymous said...

I think it's all BEAUTIFUL! I really like those stockings!

Holly said...

It looks beautiful! And those stockings...fabulous!

The Busy Blaine's said...

I love it! Especially those wonder ful stockings!! Thanks for your comment. I am also loving the work you are doing for Jesus! God is so good.

CarolinaGirl said...

Ok, if I had seen your garland first, I would have never put mine on there! WOW! Beautiful. I am off to stuff mine with lots more junk! Your boys are so handsome! I love the pictures of them in the black and white toile chair! Adorable!

Chris said...

Your blog is SNOWING! How cute is that? It's all so gorgeous. I LOVE the stockings. How adorable.

tiarastantrums said...

GORGEOUS- and those stockings - OMG - where did you get those stunning , adorable things?!