so...here's a first look at our new house. bear in mind that we've lived here about a month - one week of which we had staff conference and a family of 4 living with us, and another we were in california. the curtains came with the house and will be changed as soon as i have time (and play money) to sew new ones. as for the paint and lights...we're renting :0)
one of my good friends, amanda, painted the E's on the dining room chairs...freehand.
she also painted our monogram on the top of my silver box.
do you remember those chairs i got when hallie and i swapped?
we got the desk at an antique furniture action and gave it some new knobs. the chair was $10 at a garage sale. nothing like a funky paint job and new upholstery!
the picture collage is an old calender of 1940's shots around paris in $3 frames from hobby lobby.
i sewed the table cloth and made the lampshades, yep, all by myself.
i am also a firm believer in cord covers...please do not buy them. sew them! you can do it! i promise.
someone gave us the china cabinet...just needed some sprucing up! the thingy above it is from the ballard designs outlet in georgia.
and most of the nursery furniture has made it's way into other parts of the house since there won't be a nursery (2 bedrooms only). it's in the process of getting all new knobs like the top two though! the magazine holders on top need a new home, and my sweet friend ame made me that awesome, huge tassel!
thanks for stopping by! come anytime!













7 comments:
Oh my goodness...I wish I sat in that room more often!
Hey Girl!
I had forgotten how incredible beautiful and unique your decoration talents are! I wish I had your taste! It has been so long! I missss ya'll! I can't believe you are on #3... what a beautiful family you and Jon have!
Sure wish we could just hang out... if you're ever in Florida...
Love you and miss you!
Alicia
Loving it! Wanna come to Little Rock and help me?
Blake was sitting in my lap when I pulled up your blog and he said..."wow, fancy house!" It looks beautiful! I love it all! Did you make the drapes on the large window behind the benches? I love the fabric!!! Can't wait to see more:)
What an adorable living room!
OK, I'm in love with your house! Love all of your chairs/seating. And your friend Amanda is seriously talented! The "E" is fabulous - especially freehand! Good grief!
I NEED to sew a table cover for a round decorater table that I have. Did you use a pattern?
i love the room! meg you always do such a beautiful job! i might need a tutorial on reupholstering!! your things look so lovely!!!! and the lamp shades look just beautiful as usual!!
Post a Comment