Memoirs of Childhood

Wednesday, September 23

House Tour Part II - Back Living Room

Photobucket

here's the back living room! the sectional is new, you noticed? ...never had two living areas before. i tried to find one that went with our couch in case they ever had to live in the same room together, hence the exposed wood. the bright blue ottoman? yeah...that's waiting for a more, ummm, neutral paint job.


Photobucket

this sideboard was given to us by our friend jason's grandmother when she moved.
the mirror was a GOLD garage sale purchase 6 years ago. the staffordshire dogs were my moms.


Photobucket

sadly, the first fireplace we've ever had doesn't work. what on earth am i going to do with it?!?! i'm thinking candles. the boys need something else to play with.



Photobucket

here's a sneak peak into the kitchen! we LOVE the bar! jack and jon eat cereal here and watch tv. the curtains were here when we moved in...i have big plans for raising the rod and sewing something with at little color!



Photobucket

one last look! check out how finn watches a "kid-size show"

9 comments:

Danyele Easterhaus said...

wait...that's finn? i thought it was jack! what in the world? how big is that kid?

ok...onto the decor! love love love love love it! i am in uber love with the dogs and the sideboard...new sectional is perfect! we just got a new one for the basement!!! and the bar is toooo cute! i think i need a trip for some sewing jobs!

Randi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Randi said...

Meaghan, the house looks amazing! I wish I could stop and check it out for myself! And just for the record, I think the ottoman is perfect just as is, no paint job required :) Missin' you all

PS I deleted my last post cuz I realized post post that I spelled your name wrong and I wanted to fix it

Rachel said...

It's looking great - and of course you're such crafty lil lady!! But, I'm a little disappointed that the once elusive tv has now made center stage! *wink*

Did you make the ottoman or was that ANOTHER great find?

CarolinaGirl said...

It looks awesome! I love that couch... I love everything. Great job!

At the Beach with Dave and Alicia said...

ok, seriously, please come fix my house... I am begging you! It looks so great, you inspire me!

Katie O. said...

i LOVE the house! i believe i mentioned at least twice this weekend that we should just pack up and head over to your house. (i spent some time this weekend with becca, bekah, jordan, drea and rachel lee) we all miss you and your family!!

Alicia Brunson said...

Um...your house AHHMAZING!!! So much character and so adorable! Can you come do my house next?

NovaFults said...

how do you manage to find such cute houses!? we our buying our first house soon! i could use some advice : ) please.
you amaze me!