Memoirs of Childhood

Sunday, December 27

Tradition

i love tradition. for a long time now, i've wanted to hone in on distinct holiday traditions for our family. the boys are still little though, and this is one of our first christmases where we've been settled. we do little things that many do...pj's on christmas eve, advent wreath and advent calendars, sugar cookies and, of course, the polar express only comes out at this time of year. but, i'd like to add some truly unique, distinctly easterhaus, super fun traditions!

Photobucket

this year we added the GIANT COLORING BOOK!!! on christmas day, after all the presents are done and the day is lazy, we'll color a page and watch the coloring progress through the years.

Photobucket

after the pages were splashed with the boys imagination, we talked about all of the big things we did in 2009 while jon wrote them on the pages. it was so fun to try and remember everything and remind the boys of the adventure God took us on this year.

Photobucket

our hope is to be able to once a year look back on all of the things we've been through together.



Photobucket


Photobucket

4 comments:

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

What adorable boys you have! They are just precious.

Amy said...

I LOVED big coloring books as a kid! I didn't know they still made them :) Oh, and btw....I used to have a cat named Asher. Love that name!

Hannah said...

Oh, I am just going to have to steal that coloring book idea! I love it.

Alicia Brunson said...

Great idea! I LOVED your Christams card/announcement!