Memoirs of Childhood

Thursday, April 15

Bean Bags

last year, for jack's birthday party (clickit), i made some bean bags. i took pictures to blog on them, but i never got around to it! after playing with them the other day, i figured it was time ;)

Photobucket

i bought 4 strips of 1/8 yards of fabric. how do you write that? i cut them into squares and sewed up the sides leaving a little opening on one side.

Photobucket

then i filled them with beans. rice might not hurt so badly if they hit you when thrown...

Photobucket

lazy me decided to glue the little opening shut.

Photobucket

sewing would probably have held better.

Photobucket

sometimes we put pots at all different distances and try to hit 'em.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

i even went a little wild and made a bag to keep them in.

4 comments:

Sisco Family said...

so fun... i bought the fabric to make bean bags but still haven't yet... i'll see if this was enough to get me going! :)

Muffy said...

Great idea - I love when you post about activities you do with the boys & cute things you make!

andrea said...

cute! those are the kinds of bean bags I could make! The glue really lasted?

Thanks for sharing!

The Following said...

you are so creative :] I love it and am making mental notes so one day if/when I have kids I can do amazing things like this! youre incredible