Memoirs of Childhood

Wednesday, February 9

How I Roll - Lunch Edition

here's my go-to lunch. warm goat cheese and avocado salad.

Photobucket

get the goat cheese.

Photobucket

pulverize the pecans.

Photobucket

roll the cheese in the pecans.

Photobucket

thoroughly.

Photobucket

slice & place on parchment on a baking sheet.

Photobucket

bake.

Photobucket

i like it with grape tomatoes, avocado & grilled chicken. there's also a sprinkle of flax seed.

Photobucket

tastes even better on a pretty plate, hmmmm.

Photobucket

slightly less romantic, huh?

Photobucket

but, oh....so tasty!

Photobucket

i take the extras and preslice them and pop them in the fridge. ready to go for tomorrow.

Photobucket

here's how i dress mine - oil, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper.
simple. perfect.

7 comments:

Sisco Family said...

i love salads! i'll have to try this one soon. is goat cheese pricey?

Muffy said...

Yum! I am in need of a new lunch fix & this is just what I was looking for.

Erin Deegan said...

YUM!!!! Sounds wonderful. Thanks for the post!

Mommy Moseley said...

You're making my tuna sound SO boring! I must try this out, my stomach thanks you!!!

Sarah said...

major yum! I LOVE goat cheese! Gotta try this!

kate said...

i keep thinking about this. i've never had anything like it, but i just might have to try it this week. thanks! also, love your sweet rowan in the snow pics. eyes = AMAZING! :)

Danyele Easterhaus said...

i mean, really? smooch!