Memoirs of Childhood

Friday, August 31

Blogging

i wrestle constantly with whether or not to continue blogging.

why do i do it?
what do people think of what i write?
what should i write about?
why does no one comment but i have hundreds of hits a day? ;)

ultimately, i do keep blogging because i actually really like it.  i always have big plans for actually writing words or being more purposeful, but that seems to take more time than i usually have.

this is also my scrapbook for my kids.  only so much better.

there are posts i go back and look at and think, "i would never have remembered that!" but it's here on the internet captured forever.

i'd like eventually (you know, when i win the lottery) to print out a blog book for each boy to have.  what a fabulous love letter to them!  mommies thoughts and our days of just random. 

like puzzle playing.

Photobucket

being on the floor for hours a day.

Photobucket

chatting and being goofy.

Photobucket

talking about colors and shapes and food and Jesus.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

attempted group shots.

Photobucket

and dishes.  lots and lots of dishes.

Photobucket

so for now, i'm gonna keep on blogging.  for myself and for my boys.  and jon who loves when i blog :)

i'm going to try to not worry about who's reading and if anyone's reading into anything, and just write.

i'm going to try (again) to be in more pictures, and write more purposeful posts on things i think about and would be fun for my kids to know some day that i thought about them.

7 comments:

The Links said...

I'm a terrible commenter. I always read but rarely comment. So please don't stop blogging!! I read. And I have to remind myself all the time that it's not about how many hits my blog gets, how many followeres I have or comments I get. I'm totally doing this for myself and for my family to look back at.

Natalie said...

You captured some of my thoughts on blogging almost exactly. I feel like it is also a therapeutic, memorable way to trek through this life- to capture those little daily moments and make them into memorable, celebratory moments. You were one of my inspirations for starting a blog. Keep it up! It is also a great way for out of town family to stay up to date on the little moments of our lives, as well as the big.

KLee said...

I wish I had comments too. But I don't get 100s of hits a day. :) I love getting to keep up with you and your boys. And have you researched or seen a hard copy of a blog book? Not sure who to go with it when we win the lottery and can print ours. I am thinking I will print one book per year. But I do have two kids now...

Rebecca Rowan said...

I read your blog all the time and show the kids and Chris it makes us feel more connected!:) I also love your creative ideas and tips. You always keep me inspired!:) Keep it up!

caitlin said...

... and it's a great encouragement to friends across the country. I've directed many of my friend to your site in hopes of using your creativity and fun projects as a conduit to the gospel. by keeping up with the blog Matt and I know how to pray for y'all. as good as newsletters are, i want to know how the family is :). so, keep it up!

ashley said...

I'M READING!!! I'm also bad at commenting and have stopped receiving comments as well. :) Your blog is beautiful, real, encouraging, challenging... Thanks for not being afraid to "put it all out there" and for savoring your life with boys!

KEVA said...

I am reading, and inspired!!! It's so fun to get to know you via your blog too! Makes me rejuvenated to write on our blog!