Memoirs of Childhood

Sunday, December 14

To Sit on Santa


on saturday, we took our second annual trek to dallas to see santa and the trains. santa starts seeing children at 11 am, and, seeing how he's "the country's premier santa" (according to CBS and others apparently), you may arrive as early as 9 am to get your "number." this year we got to northpark center at 9:30...we were number 95 which meant we could see santa about 2:30 in the afternoon! we knew this is how it would be, and this is the day that ensued...


the amazing train display fit for the most astute train authority (45minutes)


squeezing in a little workout in the neiman marcus children's area (30 minutes)


dancing on snowflakes while listening to a children's chorale (30 minutes)


pants shopping at banana republic sales racks (20 minutes)


watching the ducks and turtles (15 minutes)


seeing two puppet shows, a nutcracker ballet, a gingerbread house display, lunch at the corner bakery, buying christmas pj's on sale @ hannah anderson & playing in a toystore (however much time is left)


whispering to santa that you want a dump truck that pulls a trailer behind it, giraffe's own bed and a basketball hoop that's finney's own size (5 minutes and a lifetime of memories)



6 comments:

Ashley S. said...

What a great Santa! I think I've seen pictures of that guy before. I think he's the real one. :) And it's great that the boys were both good for the picture too! Great job!

ko said...

What great PHOTOS! :) YOur babe's are ADORABLE! :) It is fun to find a FELLOW texan!!!!! Your family looks precious!! :) Love the Boys outfits and that Santa is FANTASTIC! Bless you and your sweet family!

Mikki Black said...

What adorable little ones you have! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

- Your fellow SITSta, Mikki

Danyele Easterhaus said...

look at finn's face and jack jack looks so innocent! ha!

edie said...

Hi Meaghan.....I love that you're a Texan. As a Tennessean, I feel an instant kindred spirit with all Texans. That Alamo thing I guess. And those boys....oh.my.word. Are they ever adorable. Thanks for visiting my blog and yes to the MD question. All the feminist females in my family think I've lost my ever-loving mind. But the girls and I are having a ball and we're learning a lot. Can't wait to snoop around your blog some more.
Blessings,
edie

tiarastantrums said...

oh - awesome!!