Memoirs of Childhood

Thursday, September 6

Fresh Apples & Lemonade

we have an apple tree in our yard.  our neighbor does too.
the apples are perfect and ripe and large and tasty.
so we spent labor day picking apples.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

the boys have been looking for a way to earn some money, and they've been begging for a lemonade stand.  so we let them sell lemonade and apples and some produce from the garden.

Photobucket

Photobucket

jack tucked my iphone in his pocket with "scatman" set on repeat.
he was our sign bearer waving in the customers.

Photobucket

Photobucket

the first customer was an suv of two twenty-something guys who bought two cups of lemonade and handed the boys a twenty.  it felt wrong, but the guys were pretty pleased with themselves and the boys went nuts.

Photobucket

Photobucket

all total they made $26.  not bad for 4/5 customers and a half days work ;)

Photobucket

they quickly got on the computer to plan how they'd spend their new found wealth :)

3 comments:

The Links said...

Wow, those were some nice 20 yr olds!! And don't you just wish that was a Honeycrisp tree!! I wish I had one of those in my backyard!!!

The Links said...

Wow, those were some nice 20 yr olds!! And don't you just wish that was a Honeycrisp tree!! I wish I had one of those in my backyard!!!

Rebecca Rowan said...

Super cute little boys and the stand looks so idealic!