Memoirs of Childhood

Friday, December 19

Christmas Card Craziness




they're taking over the mantle...i've lost the garland...anybody know where i can get a cute christmas card holder?

12 comments:

Ashley S. said...

Pier One has some really cute ones. The one I bought last year is actually just a picture holder that they sell all year and I think it was only $10. They have another one of the same style, but it's Christmas tree shaped. You can see pictures of mine on my post from last year:
http://thesumners.blogspot.com/2008/01/one-very-late-christmas-post.html
I love it!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

put some magnets on clothes pins and put them on the metal door! ha! we haven't sent ours to you yet...apparently ryan forgot. ooops

Ronnica said...

Oh my! I haven't gotten nearly that many yet...at the most 10. I have a cute card holder, but it would barely hold my 10, let alone that many!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

I got a cute tree shaped wire holder at a thrift store a while back and I'm loving it this year!

The Nester said...

I am the worst person in the united states. if they don't have a photo, I read them and then throw them strait in the trash.

why not get a pretty basket and just pile them in there? you have SO many freinds!!

Unknown said...

oooh, i;m a little embarassed! i did not put this up to say i had a lot of friends...i mean, i do, but i'm not bragging bout you guys ;-)

GuppyArt2 said...

What a whimsical mantle, I TOTALLY love it!!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I'm so sad this year I think I only recieved around 15. I sent out 75 ;(, hoping I would get about half of that.

Thanks for stopping by. It was a wonderful surprise today to find out I was Saucy!

Thanks the blog title is a funny thing my mom use to say. It's just stuck over the years :)

Have a wonderful day.

CarolinaGirl said...

That is one of my favorite things at Christmas...seeing all the great cards! I cut a long red ribbon, and hung it from the top of my kitchen door, and stapled the cards all over the ribbon. It is really cute, but I like your garland idea better! Yes, ribbon, imagine that. Me with more ribbon :) Merry Christmas!

Ame... said...

Hang them from wide sashes of ribbon:)

Unknown said...

i used to do the ribbon thing, we don't have anywhere here...i want something...new!

Anonymous said...

I just saw a great idea watching my Dad's old home movies tonight - his mother - in like 1958 - hung a big green piece of felt on a dowel, on the wall. hen arranged all of the cards they received in the shape of a Christmas Tree. That way you can make the Christmas Tree "grow" as you get more cards - and you don't have to worry about not knowing exactly how many you're going to get! Who knew Gramma Phoebe was such a Martha?