Memoirs of Childhood

Friday, June 4

Strawberry Jam

Photobucket

you'll need 4 packages (each is a pound) of strawberries and...

Photobucket

...this packet.

Photobucket

mix said packet with 1 and 1/2 cups of sugar.

Photobucket

destem the mounds of strawberries.

Photobucket

puree in blender and mix with packet/sugar mixture in an abnormally large bowl.

Photobucket

fill jars.

Photobucket

delight in the fruit of your labor.

7 comments:

Bonky's Mom said...

Hey M,

I enjoy checking in on your guys when I have the time.

roomformore43 at gmail dot com

Your jam looks yummy! :)

Marcina said...

This looks SO yummy!!! :)

Amy said...

No WAY! I was just talking to my mom THIS WEEK about making strawberry jam! They are so cheap right now!

Hallie said...

you barefoot contessa, you :) if I only liked jam...I bet the boys LOVE it! oh, and please put my email on the list :)

Anastasia said...

No cook jam?!? That is AWESOME. I was totally thinking of making jam last week when strawberries were on super sale but was too lazy to gather all the stuff and slave over a hot stove forever. I am definitely trying this before summer is over!

Alicia Brunson said...

Your blog makes me hungry :)

Tyne said...

That looks great! I just made plum, blackberry and strawberry jam- but not freezer jam. That sounds much easier to do with kids around.