Memoirs of Childhood

Thursday, January 2

We Revealed Our Gender

well...our babies gender at least. 
this whole "gender reveal party" thing did NOT exist when we had all our previous kiddos so i had to give it a try.  it was fun to think of a new way to "tell" that wasn't the whole cut-into-a-cake-and-see-what-color-it-is or the ole "open the box of balloons" gig.  i really wanted something that everyone at the party could do to participate with us.

we decided on the pop-the-balloon-and-confetti-comes-out method, but the execution took a little shaking out.  did you know that if you use the plastic confetti they sell in party stores it will cause severe pain when you pop the balloon?  trust jon.  it does.  oops, plan B.

plan B happened to be hand cutting tissue paper into confetti and trying to get it shoved into 50 black balloons.  fortunately it wasn't as bad as it sounded.  fortunately i had helpers.


to say i was happy to have two j.crew clad men cut up confetti and stuff balloons for me is an understatement.



we thought it would be the most fun (and it's all about having the MOST fun) to hang the balloons from the ceiling so the confetti would shower down when popped.  it was definitely the most fun.



we kept the whole thing super simple.  4 o'clock on a saturday.  kids welcome.  one hour total.  mass text message invite stating the "reveal" would be promptly at 4:30.



everyone chose a pin to cast their prediction before entering the house.



i'm 5 months pregnant.  i always feel like i look HUUUUUGE, then i see a picture....


countdown from 10...9...8...




big scream and laugh




yup.  it's another boy :)


jon poured up a blue sparkling cider toast.





then told everyone how his grandma daisy predicted before we ever had kids that jon's older brother ryan would have all girls and we'd have all boys (4 girls for them 4 boys for us).


then he toasted me as the only girl in our house.


please don't ask if we're disappointed....




we're nothing but excited for our next little fella :)

8 comments:

linzkirsten said...

You have the cutest little fellas & I'm so excited for another one! When I saw the Beau or Bow sign I thought "well that would be a good name for the next little Mr. E-haus!"

Anonymous said...

You do NOT look HUUUGE. I'm only 3.5 months and I look HUGER than that. :-)

Congratulations on a house full of boys! All the more pedicures for you when you have girls' day alone. You do make very cute boys, so I say, keep at it!

Unknown said...

LOVE this post, so creative! I second Darcie . . . you are not huge, barely a bump. Thanks for sharing! XO Brook

The Taylor Family said...

WOW! I love that you're having four boys! What world changers you're raising!! Praise Jesus!

Olivia said...

This looks like such a fun reveal party!! Congratulations on another boy!!! :)

Unknown said...

We will stick together with all boys against the questions of "are you dissappointed :) "
Congrats! and I do think it's fun to be the only girl in the house.

Unknown said...

Quick question -- what did you use to pop the balloons? Just regular stray pins?

Unknown said...

hey jillian! i'm sorry my account won't let me reply to you any other way so i hope you see this! we just passed out a push pin to every adult. like the kind you sew with. thanks for saying hi!